Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hershey

Linking up with You Capture (Black & White Expressions).

While the highlight of our Pennsylvania trip for me was our visit to Amish Country, the kids' favorite was definitely Chocolate World in Hershey. I think I already mentioned we visited Chocolate World two days in a row!
Chocolate World front sign


The great thing about Chocolate World is that admission is free. And, really, unless you get sucked in by any of the extras, you can have a great time without dropping much cash. In fact, there is even a ride that is free. The ride takes you through a tunnel of various animated displays that tell the story of chocolate.
tour Almond Joy


Of course, there is also an obnoxious song that plays and gets seared into your brain forever after much like It's a Small World at Disney World. And the fact that the kids want to ride the ride over and over and over doesn't make clearing your head of the song any easier.
Chocolate World boys on ride


Chocolate World mural2


Chocolate World Michael & Christian


We did take advantage of some of the "extras" as well. We took part in a chocolate tasting event. And we saw a 3D movie, which was actually 4D with delightful smells filling the theater, splashing water, and creepy things tickling our feet.

movie Audrey


I think perhaps our favorite activity was the creating our own treats.
Dessert Studio stairway


Alex and Michael each whipped up a wicked cup of chocolatey, creamy, marshmallow-y hot chocolate, which they stirred with a chocolate-covered spoon.

Dessert Studio Alex chocolate spoon


Audrey decorated a giant basketball cookie, and Jacob created a deluxe S'More.
Dessert Studio Jacob eating marshmallow1


Chocolate World Audrey


We had an extra fun trip because some friends of ours from Connecticut came along. Matthew also tried his hand at the S'Mores. Here he bit off a bit more marshmallow than his little mouth could chew, but his expression is priceless.

Dessert Studio Matthew


Overall, it was a very fun outing. And, although, we were a little bit weary of chocolate by the time we left, that weariness does not last forever!
Dessert Studio kisses


Because, really, who could live without chocolate?
mug


Photobucket

11 comments:

Theresa said...

We have been considering a trip to Hershey. It looks like so much fun!!

I have a question for you. What photo editing software do you use? I can not figure out how to upload pictures I edit in photoshop to blogger. They seem to not look as vivid in blogger as they do on my computer in PS :(

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

That would be my ideal trip. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate :-)

Gina Kleinworth said...

OMG I love the one with food in his mouth. I sooooo need to go there- you would have a hard time getting the Perma-grin off my face :)

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents and Caregivers said...

Oh how fun! I loved seeing all your SWEET family memories. Such a delight! :)

Courtney said...

OMG, how fun! I'm pretty sure that would have been my favorite part of the trip, too! YUM.

melissa said...

This seriously looks like heaven on earth. Wonderful photos!!!!

xo
melissa
http://melissa-champagnewishes.blogspot.com

tsinclair said...

My kind of field trip - Isn't it great to homeschool :-)

Brooke said...

You got some great sugared up emotion there :D That place looks like heaven!!!

Misty said...

What a blast! Great pics recording your trip. I went to the Hershey Factory when I was a kid. Wonder if it's the same place and they just changed the name because it all sounds the same.

CrossView said...

I want to go !!! Only - I may not want to leave! ;O)

C.G. Koens said...

I love going to Hershey Park. We used to live in Boston and it was always a must-stop location on our way when we were headed south to see family. Now we're back in the south and it's a must-stop location when we go visit friends in Boston! :-) Looks like you had a great time!